Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Travel time with my Sister





What a blessing to have been grafted into a family with so many girls. I am the youngest of six and truly came along much later in my parents lives than I believe they had anticipated. My oldest sister Debbie has 17 years on me. Denice has 16, Dawn 13, Dana 9 and Delene is 8 years older. I’m truly the baby of the family; however, tend to show characteristics of being the oldest child at times.

Due to my travel schedule for work it often affords me the pleasantries of visiting different land marks around the country. This particular trip was to Spear Fish, South Dakota. After attending a wound conference, my sister Denice and I decided to take a stroll to Wyoming. What an amazing adventure.

During our afternoon tour we stopped to see Devil’s Tower, the local Trader Joe, pick up Mike & Ike’s at the BP and finally stopped at the cafĂ© for a cup of Java. As you can see from the photos my sister is one of the most animated women I’ve had the pleasure of living life with. She is constantly smiling, asking how your life is going and of course we wouldn’t want to forget the pack and a half of gum which accompanies her all of the time. I think you can spot a stick or two in her mouth.

One of the characteristics I appreciate most about Denice is her consistent spirit of encouragement. She is specific about her compliments and seems to offer those at the most important times of life. One of her favorite sayings is “you can make it happen”. After a day with her you are pretty much believing you are the only person on earth who even exists. There is something about how she brings you into a world where you are affirmed, complemented and loved with sincerity.

My sister Denice: Loves at all times, forgives quickly, cries easily, smiles brightly, speaks highly of her family, makes crazy faces to see you laugh and gives her time generously. How blessed I am to have her in my life.

No comments: