Saturday, September 09, 2006

Baby Jack: My special blessing




Jackson has just turned four and he wanted me to know that I was his special Baby Jack. His official name from Mom and Dad is Jackson. However, Aunt Danette insists on calling him Baby Jack. This has been tolerated my Baby Jack's Mom for four years now. It is simply a good thing that his Mama is my best pal or else she would correct me each time I called him by "his special name".

Not long ago he and Heather came for a weekend visit to bless me for my birthday. The last evening of their visit I sat on Baby Jack's bed and asked him if I could pray with him before he went to sleep. He said that would be "just fine". After I prayed for protection, guidance and for him to come to a complete understanding of Jesus we hugged and said good night. As I got up to leave, Baby Jack said "Aunt Danette I so appreciate you." Ok, now I had to stay and give him one more big squeeze and another kiss. The preciousness of those words melted my heart. I love that Jesus knows how to melt our hearts with the simple words from little ones. What a blessing.

No comments: