Saturday, September 09, 2006

Quality Time

I've been wondering over the past weeks what my definition of quality time is. It is one of my "love languages" so I thought I would spend some time really investigating what quality time really means to me. My life is filled with work, friends, family and duty jobs ie:house work. (don't care for it at all)

Here are my thoughts on quality time. When you actually skip the pleasantries and get right to the heart of conversation with people. I love when you forget about the clock because you are more interested in what your company has to share with you. It isn't the fact that someone remembers to call you back, it is when they call you first. A good cup of java always accompanies quality time. More on this later.

Recently I was able to spend an early morning with the Ya Ya's. (A.K.A. Sara and Mary) What I loved the most about the time was that they didn't seem to be in a rush. We laughed, cried, read the WORD and spent time listening to each others hearts. What a blessing to have close women friends I can feel at home with.

Here is my challenge. How much quality time have I spent with my Savior? It has nothing to do with desire or conviction, however, everything to do with discipline. I miss out when quality time with Jesus is abandoned.

No comments: