Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Christmas Season 2007


Our holidays always begin with making cut out cookies. This year it seemed somewhat hurried as I had just returned from Africa and Christmas was just around the corner. After loading the 5 batches of sugar cookies into the fridge I left for Concert Choral dress rehearsal. Our cookie weekend and Holiday Pops Concert happen to fall together this year.


After topping off my Starbuck's mug with Caramel Delight I was off to my sister's house to make cut outs. Yeah. I was warmly greeted by my niece Lauren. She had a bright smile on her face and said she was ready to "rock and roll". What a pleasant blessing to be greeted with early Saturday morning.
We spent about 4 hours cutting, baking, rolling and decorating. I'm sure we had several cups of coffee between baking episodes also.
This year our cookie baking staff consisted of Lauren, Delene, myself and Ellie (my golden, the taste tester). We had a delightful time and lots of giggles. Most of our cookies graced the desks of clients this year, however, several were left for family gatherings we had through the remainder of the year.
What a blessing to have a tradition to pass down to children in our family. I trust their children will have as much fun with cookie cut outs as we do.



No comments: